We think you may sometimes engage in a team-building exercise with friends, colleagues or unknown people at a gym or sports club on the weekends. This is how people know each other and make friends beside the social media.
However enjoyable your colleagues are with the experience, what happens when they get to work in the office? Do they change their normal behaviors and attitudes? They probably still counter-propose or make a problem over a little thing at work or have a lack of solidarity and cooperation with each other. The team building game is a nice day away from business or work and can make your work team members not enjoy being very close to each other. They neither get over nor start to make up.
Mostly, managers plan activity without critical thinking or real goal as to how the relations would be. It turns out to be a waste of time and money, not in the right target. Managers lose the team’s respects when they come up with the exercise that does not really help motivate the productive staff.
B2B-organized team-building exercise is a powerful way to unite a group, develop strengths, address weaknesses, improve solidarity and cooperation amongst the work team members – but only if the exercises are planned and carried out strategically. In other words, there has to be a real purpose behind your decision to do the exercise – for example, improving the team’s problem-solving or creativity skills – rather than because you felt like giving your people a nice day out of the office.
Here we offer a variety of exercises to address different issues that teams commonly encounter:
Team Building Objective
- Creating one excellent and a powerful team for your organizations and companies
- Improving communication and cooperation among team members with trust and mutual respect
- Discovering the strength and identifying the weaknesses of your team
- Enhancing cohesiveness of your team
- Lastly, having lots of fun while learning
Team building Guidelines
Mission game is a type of game that exists of a variety of steps that each team needs to complete a puzzle before they continue to the next steps until it is finished. Any team who outdoes the scores will win the game. In order to win this game, all team members have to comply with the following guidelines.
Terms and conditions
If you can complete each step properly, you can carry on to the next step. However, if you miss the points or make a slip in the game activities, you will have to repeat the same step that you have done. In addition, if you do not do well on your puzzle or other questions when you finish the game earlier than your contestants, you will still be deemed as a loser if your scores are lower than 5 marks. Please note if you break a jug, your time will be delayed for 1 minute; then you can play on.
Here is some an example games
- Each team member is required to work in group to complete a given puzzle word on a piece of carton/paper.
- Each candidate has to write the fourth English letter that has been determined by a committee.
- Then explain the pictures with your body language guessing ( 5 pictures)
- Next, each team member has to use his/her mouth to transfer a rubber band with a straw to reach the determined destination as much as they can to put into a plastic cup.
- Each candidate is required to be blindfolded and picks up one of the items in the box (relevant words with your company). The one who is blindfolded will guess what the meaning is from the selected piece of paper / item when the team member tries to explain it.
- Each candidate has to sit in line in order to draw water from one big tank to another as briskly as possible by using two given cups.
- Refill water into a small tank with plastic cups over your team’s heads with your back on in tandem.
- Refill water into given balloons.
- Each candidate has to queue in an opposite position and to make a small ball inside the tank to go out of it.
- Use your knees to hold a ball, jumping to the destination and putting a small ball into the jugs
- Then go kayaking for a stick kept at the cottage at the other side of the bay
- Answer the question: What type of stress do you want to eliminate?
- Move you around three times and use a given stick to break a hanging jug.